The introduction to the most recent report from Honest Reporting Canada says:
- When it comes to news coverage of Mideast skirmishes and conflicts, sometimes, to quote real estate agents worldwide, the only thing that matters is "Location, Location, Location!"
They were talking of course about the most recent Mideast skirmish involving Israel. Media attention to this event has followed the same tried [or should that be tired] and true formula for reporting on any event involving that 'Location location location'. (The Farce and Media Bias behind the Gaza Aid Flotilla Event)
The Honest Reporting Canada article states:
- The fatal exchange of fire between Lebanese soldiers and the IDF on Israel's northern border, which left one Israeli soldier dead along with four other fatalities on the Lebanese side, raised several questions concerning the integrity and accuracy of the media that covered the events.
- Lebanese forces admittedly opened fire on IDF soldiers performing routine maintenance work by the security fence near the border. The IDF soldiers were clearing bushes to improve the line of sight over the border and to prevent Hezbollah terrorists from hiding in the undergrowth and carrying out an attack or kidnapping. The routine work had been cleared in advance with UNIFIL, which has recently confirmed that the tree in question was in Israeli territory.
- It's vital to note that the UN demarcated Blue Line that marks the official border between Israel and Lebanon does not always follow the route of the security fence. While the IDF was operating over the fence, it was still within Israeli territory as seen on the map [in the original article].
The Honest Reporting article asks: 'How and Why Were the Photographers There?' and it is a good question. There were Lebanese Journalists and Reuters journalists standing by to take photos of the incident. So the question is asked:
- Was this incident a staged and pre-planned ambush as evidenced by the presence of photographers and journalists even before the exchange of fire? Were these journalists there precisely because they had advance notice of a potential flashpoint?
For my money I think that the Honest Reporting Article missed the main point. As recorded in an article I read, all the surrounding Arab nations have vehemently stated that they will 'face all aggression' on their territory 'by all available means and no matter the sacrifices". The Politically Correct Hypocrisy of such a statement is to be found in world and Arab reaction to Israel's 'Operation Cast Lead'.
For some reason, when Israel behaves like Arabs, they are terrorists. Funny that! Perhaps it has something to do with our Biased Politically Correct Media.
- One of the most popular 'Politically Correct' Activist Agendas in World Politics today, is the 'Palestinians are Israel's Victims' agenda, and it's twin: 'Israel is a Terror State'. The constant and steady diet of complete and utter B.S. that streams forth from the press and so called humanitarian societies, ought actually to be enough to turn the stomach, but we have become so used to that diet that we no longer notice how repugnant it really is.
R.P.BenDedek is the pseudonym of the Author of 'The King's Calendar: The Secret of Qumran' (http://www.kingscalendar.com/), and is a guest columnist at Magic City Morning Star News. An Australian, he is currently teaching Conversational English in Baotou, Inner Mongolia, China.
Articles on the Middle East Kingscalendar
"The King's Calendar" is a chronological study of the historical books of the Bible (Kings and Chronicles), Josephus, Seder Olam Rabbah, and the (Essene) Damascus Document of The Dead Sea Scrolls.