- This article was first published January 18, 2009 here at Magic City, but it is as applicable now as five and a half years ago, and so I am republishing it. RPBD.
My favourite reading many years ago was Leo Rosten's book, 'The Joys of Yiddish'. It was a compendium of yiddish words around which jokes were told. I remember the story which went something like this:
- Two Israeli spies had been captured, tried, and sentenced to death. As they stand, tied up to a post, awaiting the command for the firing squad to shoot, the Commander of the firing squad walks up to them and offers them a final cigarette.
Izzy, one of the spies, rejects the offer by spitting in his captors face. Upon seeing this, the other spy says: "Izzy! At a time like this - don't make trouble!"
So here we are, looking at the bastard Israeli's terrorizing all those innocent Palestinian kids in Gaza - you know - the ones standing around the Hamas rocket launchers; watching the number of 'innocents' killed in this one-sided 'disproportionate' war; listening to the world's leaders vilify Israel; reading about countries cutting their bilateral ties with Israel; listening to threats of 'death and destruction' made against Israel for having the audacity to launch a war just because a couple of thousand rockets have been lobbed onto Israel soil killing and injuring just a few Jews; and we pray that Israel will stop!
For both Muslim and Evangelical Christian, the Messiah will come when Armageddon's battle is fought on Israel's soil.
For the Muslim, 'all praise to Allah'. For the Christian, 'every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is God'.
For the Jew?
Destruction either way!
No one gives a damn about Israel or it's people!
They just want to see them all dead!
At a time like this Izzy -
Do whatever the hell you feel like doing!
'Cause Izzy - you have nothing to lose!
Addendum: March 21st 2009: 'Afraid of Victory' by Sarah Honig:
- We once mocked terrorist bluster. Today we listen to Nasrallah or Mashaal with trepidation and seek ways to appease them. They know our mind-set has mutated. They know yesteryear's Israelis expected daring commando responses to terrorist outrages, yet today we hesitate to venture out-of-the-box lest we incur wrath abroad.
- They are aware of the numbing risk-aversion of our politicians, who fear media carping and commissions of inquiry more than genocidal foes.
- Above all, our enemies know that they managed to get politically-correct Jews to perceive themselves via the lenses of Arab propaganda.
Pro-Abortion Rally to be held this Sunday 6pm at City Hall.
Please bring a donation to help the poor kids of Gaza.
- Jews and Christians Can Go to Hell! Aug 20, 2014
- Oh how we cry for Hamas! Aug 15, 2014
- Homosexuality: a crime against the rights of society and religion Aug 15. 2014
- Apartheid in Israel is beyond comprehension Aug 9, 2014
- You desire life - We desire death Aug 5, 2014
- True Faces or Just Masks? Who cares! Jul 27, 2014
R.P.BenDedek (pseudonym) is the Author of 'The King's Calendar: The Secret of Qumran' (www.kingscalendar.com ), and is a guest columnist and stand-in Editor at Magic City Morning Star News. He is also the Editor of the 'Writers Journal' at Kingscalendar.com. An Australian, he has been teaching Conversational English in China since 2003.
Writers Journal Kingscalendar
"The King's Calendar" is a chronological study of the historical books of the Bible (Kings and Chronicles), Josephus, Seder Olam Rabbah, and the (Essene) Damascus Document of The Dead Sea Scrolls