For some time now, I have begun to realize that present crop of MPs who sit in Ottawa supposedly representing Canadians and defending their Constitutional Rights are reneging on their Oath of Office, by refusing to uphold the Oath that they took when becoming MPs. They of course are under the impression that once they are elected they can do very well whatever pleases them. Which really means that they do not have a clue as to their position as MPs that are supposed to represent their constituents.
They are thus, under the impression that this job with all the perks and benefits of a high wage is only there for a pastime, and if they are elected a couple of times, ends in a big pension for them for life. As to their real job of working to make life better for the people they represent that is completely forgotten, the moment they entered parliament or the legislature. Because they felt that they were taking the Gravy Train which was to give them a lot of advantages in the future. Oh! I forgot, they do have to open at shut windows in the halls of government, but that is only for their own comfort in the summer, when the weather is humid. But then of course they will not have to open and shut windows in winter, since it would be cold outside.
All year long they vote on Bills that brought before them, but that vote is decided by party leaders and not the electors. In other words the party decides on issues regarding the people, but the people have still had no say in it whatsoever in the outcome. Just consider how the Federal government has time after time refused to defend the Constitutional Rights of English-speaking people in Kebec, yet have the temerity to defend only the rights of Joual-speaking Canadiens outside Kebec, and at the same time fully fund them, when they ask for money for cultural and linguistic programmes. That of course is not available to English-speaking Canadians, who have to make do, by collecting money from their community. But the real reason is that the federal civil service is overloaded in Ottawa with Kebecois and Canadiens.
Approximately 60 -80 % of the Federal Civil Service consists of Kebecois/Canadiens, when they are about only 22% of Canada's population. But, the other 78% of Canada's English-speaking population has no recourse to change this immoral inequity. But the government should act on it, by permitting only 22% of the Civil Service to be Kebecois/Canadiens.
And the people are told that this is Democracy in Action in Canada. When in reality it is a misrepresentation of the facts regarding democracy by a government which is attempting to con the people. Is that not also the same way things were run in dictatorships like Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, Peoples China and North Korea? Then they too must have been democracies. If someone believes all the drivel given to them by the political elites, they might find that it would be easier to digest the fairy tales by the Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson and a slew of other fabulists when they were children.
It is sometimes said that prostitution is the oldest profession in the world, but I beg to differ. Politics is the OLDEST profession, and the only difference between the two professions is that one has to haggle over the price that one has to pay for the service. Otherwise there are glaring similarities between the two that cannot even escape the light of day.
Remember that the only place where one can find an honest politician is in their local cemetery. But that is only because the politicians there are dead.
Kenneth T. Tellis