From Magic City Morning Star|
124 Book Author Articles Contributed to Magic City
By R.P. BenDedek
Jul 4, 2014 - 12:03:02 AM
At the very end of November 2013 here at Magic City, we commenced the weekly 'What's in the Book Basket This Week?' articles in which we provide our readers with publicity material surrounding new book releases. (In March we introduced the Christian Book Basket Magic City'' series).
|R.P. BenDedek in Shanghai 2013|
Each week in both articles we advise authors that we are prepared to assist them in their book promotions by publishing articles that they may wish to provide us on a no pay - no charge basis.
If authors are happy to provide our readers with something interesting to read, then we are quite happy to help them promote their books. We do this by including in their articles a photograph of the book cover, relevant biographical information and links to purchase pages.
From the time we first made this "no-pay / no-charge self-promotion" offer to authors, up until June 29th 2014, - a period of 30 weeks - we have received and published 124 such articles which you can see listed below.
During this same period, we have featured over 400 new book releases and provided 75 book reviews. We have gone from just one weekly book or movie review provided by Milt Gross, to regular reviews from Martha Stevens-David, and the occasional reviews by M. W. Johnson, Jarod Chen, and R. P. BenDedek.
We now also have two Christian books reviewers who can provide regular reviews.
In addition to using this page to list all of the author articles published at Magic City, I wish to take the opportunity to thank all the publicists with whom I deal and to thank the authors who have been providing these articles for our readers. I know for a fact that some of these articles, if not given exclusively to us, were at least given FIRST to us.
On behalf of Ken Anderson the owner of Magic City Morning Star and our new team of book reviewers, I would like to thank everyone involved.
Articles provided by Authors over 28 weeks to June 13th, 2014
- My worst day ever by Judith Slaughter author of "The Accidental Bank Heist"
- Can perennial bachelors change into husbands? by D.H. Barkley author of "George Clooney: From Bachelor to Betrothed"
- Quick Tips on Raising Capital By Clemson Barry author of "Sweet Success: Knowledge and Quick-Skills in Thirty Minutes"
- Government diversity or uniformity? by By T.J. Shannon author of "The Darkness Behind Me"
- 5 Tips to Build Power Resilience by Dr. Roger Landry author of "Live Long, Die Short"
- The puzzle of Maggie Glascoe by Andrew Glascoe author of "Nobody Knew She Was There"
- Celebrating Dad after Divorce: Key Strategies to a Child- Centered Father's Day By Dr. Julie Gowthorpe, R.S.W. author of "Tainted Love"
- Civil Rights by Jeff Wallace author of "In God We Trusted"
- The Complete Guide to Sex after Kids by Dr. Sherrie Cambell author of "Loving Yourself"
- Was Christianity ever a part of America's Universities? by Jeff Wallace author of "In God We Trusted"
- A House Divided: Social Extremism in Twenty-first Century America by Kenneth Konecnik author of "Borderline Hero"
- Imaginary Enemies by Ekaterina Yuvasheva author of "I am Angelo"
- Sacred to Liberty & the Rights of Mankind! by Jeff Wallace author of "In God We Trusted"
- Avoiding Dementia and Promoting Better Brain Health by By Dr. Roger Landry author of "Live Long, Die Short"
- How Calling and Passion Arise from a Broken Heart: Reflections and Tools by Chris Saade co-author of "7-Step Model of Heart-Centered Grief"
- Dirigo! Can Maine Lead the Nation? by Ned Witting author of "Political Gridlock"
- Ten questions to ask yourself in times of grief by By Christian Saade co-author of "7-Step Model of Heart-Centered Grief"
- 10 Steps to Dealing with a Combative Ex by Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of 'Loving Yourself'
- Dysfunctional Party Bureaucracies Lead Congress Astray By Stephen P. Tryon author of "Accountability Citizenship"
- Cut Through the Clutter & Connect with Clients - 5 Benefits of Writing a Business Book By Tanya Hall CEO of Greenleaf Book Group
- Upon Hearing the Breeze in the Trees By John Milner author of "Benson's House"
- Was Christianity ever a part of American education? By By Jeff Wallace author of "In God We Trusted"
- Three Supportive Practices for Getting a Grasp on Your Grief By Mandy Eppley co-author of "7-Step Model of Heart-Centered Grief"
- What God Desires by Shirley Kirwan author of "The Healing Hand of God"
- The Political Divide Ain't What It Seems by Ned Witting author of "Political Gridlock"
- Who was Pontius Pilate Really? By William D. McEachern author of "Casting Lots"
- Read the tea leaves to get the job by Teresa Taylor by Teresa Taylor Author of "The Balance Myth"
- Ukraine: Values and Interests Should Guide Response to Putin by Stephen P. Tryon author of "Accountability Citizenship"
- From Battlefields to the Boardroom - The Top Three Hurdles for Transitioning Military By John W. Phillips author of "Boots to Loafers"
- Weight Loss Surgery for Children. Is it an Option? by Dr. Nick Nicholson author of "Weight Loss Surgery"
- What Will I Do This Summer By Terri Fedonczak author of "Plugged-in Parenting"
- Scrape O the Timber Pon Stone by William A. Salmon author of 'Meanderings'
- Though He Slay Me Yet Will I Trust Him! By Shirley Kirwan author of "The Healing Hand of God"
- Before the Witnesses are Gone by Dr. Jill Klein author of "We Got the Water: Tracing My Family's Path through Auschwitz"
- Why Is My Kid Shutting Me Out? by Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of 'Loving Yourself."
- Life Speaks Your Language by Ray Cook author of "Reclaimed"
- The Greatest Awakening of the Church is at Hand By Colin Brown author of "Outside the Camp"
- Only By Faith! By Shirley Kirwan author of "The Healing Hand of God"
- An Inspiring Story to Fulfillment and True Vocation By Zlatoslava Petrak author of "Open to the Infinite Riches of the Universe"
- To Understand the Bible, Start with the Small Words by Jimmy Knight author of "The Gospel in 99 Words"
- BEC: Eradicating Skin Cancer Naturally by Dr. Bill E Cham author of "Inspired by Nature, Proven by Science"
- 5 Ways to Parent "Empowered-Forgiveness" By Sherrie Campbell, PhD author of "Loving Yourself"
- Walking in the Wilderness: Healed in the Desert by Mona Hadeed author of "The Healing Desert"
- The Woodward Dream Cruise and Dream Machines By Ron Lundmark author of "Dream Machines"
- A Different Story: Russian and English Novels by Ekaterina Yuvasheva author of "I am Angelo"
- So You've Decided You Want to Change Your Life by By Laureen LeNoir author of "A Soul's Journey"
- Cosmic Consciousness: A New Age Deception By Dr. Carroll M. Helm author of "God's Mysteries and Paradoxes"
- Storytelling's inspirational fluidity by Constance Coloon-Jones author of "Storytelling"
- Motivation for writing 'Joseph of Arimathea' by Brian Mellor author of 'Joseph of Arimathea'
- Religious Freedom, Catholic Style by Paul Moser author of "T-Bull and the Lost Men"
- Zombies and Demons and Plagues! Oh My! by James Fricton author of "The Last Scroll"
- Speaking Out: The Fallout of Being Honest About Incest by Dusana Michaels author of "Chopping the Onion"
- God's Ever-present Provision by Janna Olsen author of "A Path Through"
- Inspiration from "Rainbows" by By M. Michaelides author of "Rainbow Angel"
- Is Food Your Frenemy? by Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of 'Loving Yourself'
- The Will of God: Creator, Lover, Judge and Savior By H. Edward 'Ed' Schrier author of "The Battle of the Three Wills"
- Best Practices for Successful Online Dating By Nicky Rolland author of 'Stepping into Consciousness'
- 5 Ways Social Media is a Negative Influence On Self-Esteem by Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of 'Loving Yourself: The Mastery of Being Your Own Person'
- Raising an Olympian By Terri Fedonczak author of "Plugged in Parenting"
- Religion is answers that may never be questioned by Ross McRonald, author of "The Crisis of Revelation"
- Islam: a Din (a religion) and a Dawla (a state) by Michael Nimier, author of "Nation Building in Islamic Societies"
- Getting the Love You Want this Valentine's Day and Each Day by Nicky Rolland author of "Stepping into Consciousness"
- Divorce and Acceptance: an Unlikely Pairing by Terri Fedonczak author of "Plugged-In Parenting"
- How to Recover from Your F-Up Parents By Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of "Loving Yourself: The Mastery Of Being Your Own Person"
- Free Gift for Everyone By Michael Wright author of 'Death of a Green Soldier.'
- Russia: The Land of my Childhood by Ekaterina Yuvasheva author of "Iam Angelo: Sense of Direction"
- Is Our Justice System Broken: Bondholder Rep Weighs In by By Ray W. Rowney, Jr. author of "License to Steal: Truth and Justice Are Inseparable"
- The Birth of Becoming By Dr. Peter J. Morry author of "Becoming"
- Uniting Christians with the Holy Trinity By Clifford Deister author of "That You May Know Him"
- Man Up to Your Children: Do Not Let Them Determine Your Love Life by By Sherrie Campbell, PhD author of "Loving Yourself"
- I Survived, So Can You by Lisa M. Sobry author of "I Survived, So Can You"
- Valdis Lauva: From 'Insula' to the USA by Elisabeth Lauva from 'Insula - Island of Hope'
- Lost in Teen Part Six by Michael Wright author of 'Death of a Green Soldier'
- Who's the Lazy One, You or Your Child? by Nancy Rose author of "Raise the Child You've Got--Not the One You Want"
- Crossing the Corner Office Chasm by By Teresa Taylor author of "The Balance Myth: Rethinking Work-Life Success"
- Christianity in Our Country by Michael Wright author of 'Death of a Green Soldier'
- An Immigrant's First Impression by Ekaterina Yuvasheva author of "I am Angelo"
- The Dirty Thirties by LaVera Edick - excerpt from "Four Score and More"
- Lost In Teen - (Part five) by Michael Wright author of 'Death of a Green Soldier'
- Would You Be mine?.... By Kimberly R. Lock author of "Who You Callin' Silly?"
- Lost in Teen Part 4: A short story by Michael Wright author of 'Death of A Green Soldier'
- Finding passion and living on purpose By Sanford McMurray author of "Do You Live on Purpose?"
- Don't be The Ex Who Won't Go Away By Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of "Loving Yourself"
- Forex Trading Scams Quick Guide by By Winsor Hoang author of "The Bull, the Bear and the Baboon"
- German Lutheran Diakonie's 60th anniversary celebration in Berchtesgaden from the authors of "Insula - Island of Hope"
- Introduction to 'The Travellers' by Joseph Sconce (The Swedenborg foundation of the story)
- Relationships in 2014: Ours Is A Society That Could Use A Hug by Robert E Hall author of "This Land of Strangers"
- Control Freak Part 2 by Michael Wright author of "Death of a Green Soldier"
- Do you want a good husband or a playboy? by Hellen Chen author of 'Hellen Chen's Love Seminar'
- Redefining Family in a Global Society by Madeleine Carroll author of "The Dead Cattle Ranch Mystery"
- The Science Behind Successful New Year's Resolutions by Dr. Tasha Eurich author of "Bankable Leadership"
- Latvian Story of 'Fleeing From The Soviets' from the authors of 'Insula - Island of Hope'
- 8 Guaranteed Ways to Emotionally F-Up Your Kids by Dr. Sherrie Campbell author of "Loving Yourself: The Mastery of Being Your Own Person"
- Messiah or the AntiChrist by Michael Wright author of "Death of a Green Soldier"
- Control Freak: Take Responsibility for Your Own Life by Michael Wright author of "Death of a Green Soldier"
- Lost in Teen: A short story Part 3 By Michael Wright author of "Death of a Green Soldier"
- Photograph of the Week: S.S. Ernie Pyle by John and Ventis Plume authors of "Insula - Island of Hope"
- Navigating the holiday season singlestyle in style By Nicky Rolland author of "Stepping into Consciousness"
- Lost in Teen: Part 2 - A short story by Michael Wright author of "Death of a Green Soldier"
- 359 Bombers Over Berchtesgaden - Excerpt from Insula-Island of Hope by John and Ventis Plume
- A Commonsense Approach to Helping Your Child Succeed By Marc Lapointe author of "Standing in the Education Gap"
- Keeping the Family Together During the Holidays By Dennis Canfield author of "Back to Christmas"
- Prologue to "The Veil is Broken" by author Thomas Kaut
- 5 Facts About Bullying So We Can Move Beyond Judgment and Fear by Nicky Rolland author of "Stepping into Consciousness"
- The Map of Our Lives By Michelle A. R. Hydeck author of "Wings Up: All With A Little Help From Our Angels"
- Ernst Vahi recalls departure from Insula - Island of Hope by Ernst Vahi: Excerpt from "Insula - Island of Hope" by John and Ventis Plume
- Excerpt from: "The Travelers: The Wonders of Journeying in the Afterlife" by J.L. Sconce
- Life Lessons from Sir Isaac Newton by Michael Wright author of 'Death of a Green Soldier'
- Ladies... Be a Goal Digger NOT a Gold Digger By Sherrie Campbell Ph.D. author of "Loving Yourself : The Mastery of Being Your Own Person"
- I had to write a book By Larry Blacketer author of "Musings of a Lifetime Bible Teacher"
- Why Your Teenager Doesn't Respect You - And what you can do to fix it by By Michael Wright author of 'Death of a Green Soldier'
- Excerpts from 'Insula - Island of Hope' (Latvian refugees in Germany WWII) Editors - John and Ventis Plume
- A short story by Michael Wright: Lost in Teen - Part 1 Author of 'Death of a Green Soldier'
- How to Share the Spirit of the Holidays When You Have Lost Someone Dear By Victoria D. Schmidt author of "Finding Solitary Contentment"
- How Many Psychopaths Do You Know? Far More Than You Think By Douglas E. Richards author of 'The Cure'
- Are You a Push Over? By Sherrie Campbell, PhD author of "Loving Yourself: The Mastery of Being Your Own Person"
- 5 Ways to Battle Seasonal Anxiety By Dr. Eudene Harry Author of "Anxiety 101: The Holistic Approach to Managing Your Anxiety"
- Engaging Outraged Stakeholders by Bill Shireman is the President and CEO of Future 500.
- Helping Children Face Life's Realities about A.D.Erving Author of "The Dream Ten" Series of Children's books.
- 10,000 book donation goal for Youth Exploration Society co-founders about "Gannon and Wyatt" Adventure Travel Stories
- Keeping the Prince Happy By Robert Rangel author of "The Organ Grinder's Monkey"
- Why I Won't Donate to Relief Efforts for Typhoon Haiyan By Eric Friedman author of "Reinventing Philanthropy"
- 'Tis the Season to Remain Virtuous: The 5 G's to Having a Good Holiday Season By Kimberly R. Lock author of "Who You Callin' Silly?"
- Our Addiction to Work Is Making Us Stupid By Dr. Tasha Eurich author of "Bankable Leadership"
© Copyright 2002-2014 by Magic City Morning Star