ACTION ALERT From "The Liberty Committee"
Sent Thursday October 07 2004
Subject ALERT National ID, database and more
The U.S. house is debating and will soon vote on HR 10, the 9/11 Recommendations Implementation Act. This 542 page bill is so full of "hastily and ill conceived anti-gun, anti-freedom provisions" [Larry Pratt, gun Owners of America] that you would need hours to learn them all, but thanks to an exhaustive study analysis done by Gun Owners of America, we know the following critical points.
H.R.10-section 3052 [National ID]: This section would take the final step toward establishing the drivers license as a national ID card. Attorneys from groups ranging from the conservative Gun Owners of America and the National Taxpayers Union to the liberal America Civil Liberties Union have reached the same conclusion.
- H.R.10 takes the final step to establish the drivers license as a national I.D. card.
- H.R. 10 authorizes the establishment of an enormous database containing personel information on every American citizen.
As the Washington Times reported today, "More than 30 advocacy, civil liberties and conservative groups sent letters to every Senator Sept 20th predicting that the Sept. 11 commission report would lead to a national ID card and asked that it be rejected. "HR 10 contains a national ID card provision, Section 3052.
H.R. 10-section 2173 [National Databases]: This section would explicitely authorize an enormous database of private information on all American citizens; including financial records and, potentially, medical records. And -- to the very end -- regulators fought to be allowed to maintain this data-base, not just on suspected terrorists, but on every American.
In addition to creating a national ID card and database:
- HR 10 will seek more integration of our foreign policy with that of the United Nations. [Section 4032].
- HR 10 will train more U.S. diplomats to be more attuned with the United Nations and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe [OSCE] and other anti-democratic globalist organizations [section 4034]. The OSCE will be sending over 100 foreign observers to monitor the U.S. elections on Nov. 2nd as reported in the Washington Times today.
- HR 10 will create a new U.S. "ambassador at large" to work with UN non-governmental organizations or NGOs. This would set a very dangerous precedent [section 4035].
We could go on , but we won't.
According to Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), "The 9/11 Recommendation Implement bill [HR 10] is yet another attempt to address the threat of terrorism by giving more power and money to the federal bureaucracy. The result of most of the reforms contained in this bill will not likely be a safer America, but will definitely be a less free America."
And as Larry Pratt 0f Gun Owners of America stated, ..." this bill is not about 'security" or "terrorism," but about political posturing in an election year -- at the expense of our individual liberties."
We strongly oppose HR 10 and ask you to urge your U.S. Representative to vote "NO" on final Passage of HR 10.