I absolutely loved this book! It was so comprehensive, clear and easy to understand. I loved the "font" size and the dark print that headed the chapters, making it easier to read.
I found that it answered any/all questions a patient might have concerning "bypass" surgery.
I feel that this book should be made mandatory for every patient/person to read before attempting this "life changing" surgery and should be in all physician's offices around the world.
Great job Nicholson and Blackwood! At this point, thank goodness I don't need a bariatric surgeon but should things change, I now know where to find the best one.
About the Author and the book
The Book reveals:
- Why diets don't work for most obese people
- What weight loss surgery is really all about
- Ways for patients to choose the right surgeon
- How emotions play a crucial role in maintaining a healthy weight
- How weight loss surgery impacts relationships: the good, the bad, and the ugly
- Simple ways to develop a post-surgery weight loss plan that really works
- Common obstacles people face after the surgery and what they can do about it
Dr. Nick Nicholson has a passion for helping people suffering from obesity. Dr. Nicholson's clinic has been recognized as a Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeons. He is board certified in general surgery, and the holder of various patents on medical devices. With a bachelor's degree from the University of Texas at Austin and a medical degree from the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, he completed his residency at the University of Texas Southwestern hospital.